Nominations for the 2017 Awards CLOSE TONIGHT – 4 April 2017
If you’re interested in nominating someone for this year’s Awards, please read on for information on the process and the complete the nomination form.
Online Nomination – please complete the nomination form below. Should supporting information be required the judging panel will contact the nominator.
Sportsperson of the Year
Selected from the winners of Sportsman, Sportswoman, Disabled Athlete, Emerging Sportsman and Emerging Sportswoman. Sponsored by PAK’n SAVE Kapiti
The process for all categories is as follows:
1. Nominators MUST ensure that the nominees are aware of all of the requirements as laid out in the Conditions of Entry (listed below and in the Nomination Form)
2. Entries must be submitted online or on an official nomination form
3. Entries close midnight 4 April 2017
Once you’ve registered you will then be emailed the nomination form as a word document to complete.
If you would like to see or print a copy of the nomination form please click on this link: SPOY 2017 Nomination Form
Alternatively you can complete a hardcopy (paper) nomination form, which are available from the following locations during the nomination period.
PAK’n SAVE Kapiti Customer Services desk
The Coastlands Information Desk
Conditions of Entry
1.0 Nominators must ensure that those whom they nominate are aware of the following requirements:
1.1 Only performances between 1 March 2016 and 1 April 2017 will be considered except in the categories listed in 2.5 below (which can include recognition of long term service).
1.2 Nominations will be accepted from all national and regional sports organisations, clubs, media and the general public.
1.3 Nominees must meet the following residency criteria covering the awards period:
– Residency in the Kapiti district or,
– Be acknowledged as a Kapiti resident but lives elsewhere in order to meet the demands of a national or international sporting career or,
– Represented the Kapiti district in their chosen sport.
Completing the form
2.0 It is ok for the nominee to assist with completing the form.
2.1 Refer to the nomination form or the website for the list of categories.
2.2 Whether it is the nominator completing the form or the nominee we can’t judge on minimal information, so please tell us what the nominee has achieved during the qualifying period – both on the nomination form and through providing supporting documents (if available).
– Supporting data from governing bodies or selection letters are strong factors in the judges’ decisions.
– In regards to the Volunteer/Administration/Official/Club categories the nominee/club might have had a more active role prior to the qualifying period. They can still be nominated and;
– As well as answering the questions on the nomination form the judges also like to receive more details regarding the nominee’s/club’s career/history. This can be information from before the qualifying period.
Send accompanying documents supporting your application in with the nomination form.
3.0 If you become a finalist you will be required to supply a full face photograph or action shot (minimum size 150mm x 100mm) in Jpeg format.
3.1 Finalists will be announced the week of 18 April 2017 and will be contacted for more information.
Sportsman of the Year Sponsored by Simpson Grierson
Sportswoman of the Year Sponsored by Undercover Secrets Lingerie
Emerging Sportsman of the Year Sponsored by Kapiti Observer
Emerging Sportswoman of the Year Sponsored by KCP Physiotherapy Kapiti
Club of the Year Sponsored by Kapiti Coast District Council
Team of the Year Sponsored by
Athlete of the Year with Disabilities Sponsored by Pritchard Civil
Coach of the Year Sponsored by Mitre 10 MEGA Kapiti
Sports Volunteer of the Year Sponsored by Coastlands Shoppingtown
Official of the Year Sponsored by Streetwise Coffee – Rimu Rd, Kapiti Rd, Otaki.
Administrator of the Year Sponsored by Creative Plan.
Personality of the Year Sponsored by Beach FM